Monday, December 7, 2009

In Memoriam

Well, for those of us that live in the Puget Sound area we have heard of the events of Sunday Nov. 29th. The senseless shooting of 4 Lakewood Police Officers by someone who should not have been out of jail. All 4 officers had worked in our building this year. I didn't know all of them personally but for whatever reason, their deaths hit me hard. Maybe becuase they were all similar in age. Maybe because of the families that they all leave behind. Maybe because I know the impact they had at my school and in the community. Maybe because the act itself was so heinous and unfathomable. I don't know why. Through all this madness, I take comfort in the fact that it is ultimately God's world and He will always be there for us. He has prepared a place of rest for us and if we come boldly to the throne of our gracious God, we will receive His mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it. (Heb 4, NLT) Thank God for His patience and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment